Thursday, November 8, 2012

Going Fishing


I am actually surprised that it has taken me this long to try this pin.  I am pretty sure that I saw it my very first week on Pinterest, and thought to myself...."Hey that is a great idea".  Well, I guess it was lost in my world of pins because I had completely forgotten about it until yesterday.

Little man loves to fish, so I thought this would be the perfect stuck inside the house activity.  Thankfully my mother in law had the items I needed laying around the house, because my improve materials were not working out.

Materials needed:

  • paper clips
  • yarn or string
  • Magnet letters or any lightweight toys that are magnetic. 
  • A large bowl
I placed all of our magnetic letters in a large bowl.  We used to have the entire alphabet, but over time we have lost most of them.  I made 4 "fishing poles" for the kids, sat down with them, and then demonstrated how to play.  Little man enjoyed fishing for letters and stating what letter he found.  Tink loved picking up the letter, placing it on the paper clip, and then slinging it across the room.  





Even though his face screams miserable he really did have a lot of fun.

He eventually started trying to fish for other objects.  His trains were a big hit, and to my surprise the paper clip could actually lift them.

This is an activity that does not make a huge mess, and can be left out for a while.  It is still out today, and my kids have ventured to play with it on and off. 

All in all I would say they loved it.  


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment